I’m Kassidy. I was born and raised here in Minnesota and have grown up loving my home state. I spend most of my time here and love exploring all that the Land of 10,000 Lakes has to offer.
I’ve lived in several places around Minnesota, from my hometown of Grand Rapids to the Twin Cities area all the way to the Canadian border. Because of my time living in Minnesota, I’ve had lots of time to experience and explore the state.
So I have a very extensive range of knowledge about the state! You might even call me a Minnesota expert.
I love sharing my knowledge of Minnesota, which is why I started Kassidy’s Journey.
You’ll find all sorts of information here, from commonly asked questions to my favorite things to do. With it, you’ll find my own personal experience and recommendations.
Where I’ve Been and Lived in Minnesota
I’ve been all over Minnesota! I wanted to share just a few of the places that I’ve visited here as well as where I’ve lived. From the northern corner of the state to the Twin Cities metro, I’ve been everwhere after living in Minnesota for 23 years!
Where I’ve Lived in Minnesota
- Grand Rapids: This is my hometown! I was born and raised here and still spend a lot of my time here. I lived in Grand Rapids for 20 years before going to college.
- Park Rapids: I was born in Park Rapids before moving to Grand Rapids. My grandparents lived there for years and I spent a lot of my free time with them. Because of this, I considered it my second home.
- Moorhead: I went to college in Moorhead and lived in the Fargo-Moorhead area for 1.5 years.
- Forest Lake: My boyfriend, Tyler, worked in Wyoming and we lived in Forest Lake for about 6 months.
- Chisago City: Tyler continued working in Wyoming and we moved into an apartment for another 6 months of living in the area!
- Roseau: We moved up to Roseau and have been living in this tiny town for about 1 year. We love it here!
Where I’ve Visited in Minnesota
Along with the many places that I’ve lived here, I’ve also traveled across the state, far and wide. I’ve been to more places than I can list, but here are some of my favorites.
- Duluth and the North Shore: I’ve traveled extensively to destinations like Duluth, Two Harbors, Grand Marais, Grand Portage, and everywhere in between.
- Twin Cities: I’ve also extensively traveled around the Minneapolis and St. Paul area. This also includes suburbs like Bloomington, Maple Grove, Elk River, Edina, Minnetonka, and more.
- Crosby and Brainerd: I love these two cities and explore them often in the summer.
- Bemidji: We spend a lot of time in Bemidji since it’s so close to Grand Rapids. We love visiting the lake here.
- Ely: The Boundary Waters are near Ely and I love how quiet and peaceful the town is.
- Walker: Being so close to Park Rapids, we’ve extensively visited Walker as well.
- Stillwater: Since the town of Stillwater was only 30 minutes from Chisago City, we visited often and ate at many of the restaurants nearby.
- Other Destinations I’ve Visited: Detroit Lakes, Winona, Virginia, Hibbing, Red Wing, Anoka, Chanhassen, Afton, Aitken, Alexandria, Baudette, Warroad, International Falls, North Branch, Princeton, Proctor, Roseville, Shakopee, and so many more.
Why I Blog
➔ To give guides and information about my home state of Minnesota for others to enjoy, including my personal experiences and recommendations.
➔ To prove that Minnesota is more than just a flyover state and is so worth the visit!
➔ To help you plan your visit to Minnesota, your annual family trip, or help locals explore more of their home state.
I’ve lived in Minnesota for my entire life and have loved getting to know my home state. But I know there’s a lot of talk about how it’s just a frozen tundra.
I am continuously taking on new adventures around Minnesota, and am here to show you all of its greatness.
Whether it be skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer, trying out local restaurants or enjoying our 10,000+ lakes, there is so much to do here.
And as someone who lives in Minnesota and travels throughout the state regularly, I have a lot to share with you!
Here on Kassidy’s Journey, you’ll find blog posts about frequently asked questions, things to do, places to eat, and so much more.
You can expect to find anything and everything about Minnesota, with in-depth tips and recommendations from a local.
Who I Am
Aside from being the writer behind Kassidy’s Journey, I have a few hobbies that I love to take on with my family and long-term boyfriend, Tyler.
I love the outdoors, and you can often find me hiking, skiing, kayaking, snowmobiling, biking, or exploring nature. I love our Minnesota state parks!
I also love to travel outside of Minnesota and have been to 26 states and 15 countries.
I love my pets and spending time with my family. I have a dog, Bella, and two cats, Winnie and Molly.
I also love plants, true crime, blogging (surprise, surprise!), and pretending to know how to DIY things.
Where Else I’ve Been Featured
I love sharing my expertise about Minnesota with others on the internet. Here are just a few of the blogs and outlets that I’ve been featured in!
Two Scots Abroad– Free Things to Do in Minneapolis, MN
Explore Now or Never– Best Places to Visit in The USA in December
Best Life Online– Best National Parks to Visit in August
Planner at Heart– Fun Things to Do in Minneapolis, MN from a Local
Megan & Aram– Perfect Weekend in Minneapolis, MN Itinerary
Our Kind of Crazy– Fun Date Night Ideas in Minneapolis, MN
Globe Trove– Things to Do in Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota
Our Globetrotters– Things to Do in Minneapolis, MN With Kids
Savoteur– Free Things to Do in Duluth, MN
Mommy Travels– Best Places to Eat in Minneapolis, MN
FREE Minnesota Bucket List
Before you go, be sure to grab your FREE bucket list for Minnesota. It’s packed with all of the best things to do here in my home state for visitors and locals. Check it out below! 👇🏼
Thank you so much for joining me, and I’m so excited to share more of my expertise on Minnesota with you!